geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Tomcat samples installation
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:38:06 GMT
I've made the necessary changes to move the tomcat examples from the
geronimo repo and have them pre-installed into the generated binary
images as default example applications.

Specifically,

  - updated /modules/assembly/project.xml dependencies to find the new wars
  - updated /modules/assembly/maven.xml to rename the wars (i.e. removed
the version info from the filename). This is in lieu of a plan file.
  - updated /modules/assembly/maven.xml to deploy:distribute the wars
  - updated /modules/assembly/src/var/config/config*.xml to include the
configuration name of the examples.

A few questions before I submit the patch..

Have the recent/impending changes to the assembly process by David J
changed the way we pre-install applications/configs? IIRC, there was
some mention of more granular choice for configurations.

Is the following a correct setting for config.xml for both Jetty and
Tomcat?

   <configuration name="servlets-examples"/>

BTW, servlets-examples is the name that was used for the
deploy:distribute.  No geronimo deployment plan is used.

There does seem to be an error during startup on Jetty (though it works
fine on Tomcat).

    WARNING: Some GBeans were not started successfully:

geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,URLPattern="/servlet/\*",WebFilter=Path

MappedFilter,WebModule=servlets-examples,j2eeType=WebFilterMapping(starting)
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,Servlet=invoker,WebFilter=Servlet

MappedFilter,WebModule=servlets-examples,j2eeType=WebFilterMapping(starting)

Though the server starts fine and
http://localhost:8080/servlets-examples seem to work fine.

Actually, I see the same error during startup even when I manually
deploy the example on jetty.  Any thoughts on how to track down?  Is a
deployment plan required?

Thanks
-Dave-