geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Loose end #1 -- tomcat configuration files
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:05:46 GMT

I agree with this idea but I'd like to add one more thoughts.  I think
that we need to make the sharing of the server configurations also
"configurable".  A presumed sharing of binaries or configurations is not
always optimal (especially when upgrading from a v1 to a v2 server).

We also need to consider how this would influence the applications
installed on the various server instances in the same geronimo tree.  I
think flexibility is the key here.  Some users will want total isolation
of applications (even binaries) in the same Geronimo tree so that they
can manage the applications independently.  Others may want to share all
of the application/configuration information across server instances.
And of course, there will be some that want a mixture of "island"
applications and "community" applications.

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net