geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Loose end #1 -- tomcat configuration files
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:32:35 GMT
I think anything we do in this area should start to factor in the idea of
multiple configurations for a single Geronimo tree.  For example, if I was
running server 1 and server 2 and wanted to have unique containers for both I
would need something like:

$G/var/server1/catalina

$G/var/server2/catalina

as well as unique log4j properties files, config-store, etc.  Continuing the
single version per tree for 1.0 is fine but I'd like to see us start thinking in
a larger context for more complicated customer deployments.  In one instance a
customer may server multiple servers from a single NAS.

Just some food for thought.