geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Lars K├╝hne <lakue...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Geronimo ORB progress
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:06:21 GMT
Anders Hessellund Jensen wrote:

>> Just to give you some direct guidance, you probably should have shot
>> an email out to the group saying "what do you guys do for testing
>> when more than one VM is involved" or "we have this idea for testing
>> in more than one VM, what do you think?"
>

> You are right, and I apologise. Open source development is new to us,
> and we need to get used to communicating more verbosely by email so we
> don't reinvent the wheel, or work in different directions, and
> generally keeps everyone informed on the progress of the project.
>
> I will be busy elsewhere for the rest of the week, but I will have a
> close look at the itest plugin when I get back.
>
> Kresten currently works full time on the ORB implementation and a lot
> of progress is being made here.

Kresten, what exactly are you working on? I have some code locally that
implements simple things like ORB.list_initial_services,
string_to_object, etc. I plan to finish this up this weekend and send a
patch.

Writing an ORB is not my day job, so I only have a few hours per week
and I'd like to avoid duplicate work. If you Trifork guys could send
short announcements like "we'll start working on xyz now" that would be
cool. Maybe this could also be done via JIRA, create issues and assign
them to yourself when you start working on them - this will give
external contributors like myself a better view what's planned and where
help is most useful.

Lars