geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <>
Subject Re: [LONG] - Tomcat Examples in Geronimo - needed for v1
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:44:13 GMT

Jeff Genender wrote:
> Because its not just us that affects this.  Its anyone outside of
> geronimo who uses these jars in the fashion that they are named.  It
> will likely cause them more JIRA issues for why their example wars don't
> work, with the answer being the name of the war is in the URL.  So it
> may be a negative for them.  We to get their input on this before doing it.

I assumed that the version-level being part of the war filename is just
part of the landscape when using ibiblio as a remote maven repository.

Consumers of the repository need to account for this and provide a
mechnism for overriding the context-root for the application when
appropriate.  My $.02..

Of course, as you point out, the opinion that really counts is the
Tomcat community.  Have/can you approach them with the issue?

Thanks for helping out here!

View raw message