geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LONG] - Tomcat Examples in Geronimo - needed for v1
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:48:25 GMT
Dave Colasurdo wrote:
> GERONIMO-1087 and GERONIMO-1088 JIRAs were opened to introduce the
> Tomcat examples into Geronimo.  I believe it is important to get these
> introduced into the distributions (as default samples) for v1.
>
> There are a few different ways to approach this:
>
> 1) Ask Tomcat to create a war file for servlet-examples and jsp-examples
> and post it to http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/tomcat/
> We pick up this dependency during our build and include it in the
> appropriate distributions.

During the first days of the task of Tomcat embedding into Geronimo, I
had the same concern about Tomcat's jars being available in Maven repo
(i.e. ibiblio.org). I asked Tomcat developers to upload the jars
Geronimo uses (c.f.
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=2020897).

So, whenever a new Tomcat version is released, its jars are published to
ibiblio.org manually. There's no process to do it automatically.

That's the only way to get around it. Any ASF committer can do it, just
create a JIRA item and one will pick it up.

> -Dave-

Jacek