geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Hessellund Jensen <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: idlj plugin to build Trifork ORB?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:46:25 GMT
Lars K├╝hne wrote:
> I'm having a hard time building the Trifork ORB in sandbox/freeorb. I'm
> trying to follow /README-M2-BUILD.txt, but step 2 doesn't work for me.
>
> When I try to compile specs/*corba, I get
>
> geronimo-spec-corba> mvn install
> The plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:maven-idlj-plugin' does not exist [...]
>
> Do I need to do anything special to get the idlj plugin?

You can get the idlj plugin here:

svn://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/scm/trunk/mojo/mojo-sandbox/maven-idlj-plugin
t depends on Suns tools.jar in the SDK. So you need to either put the
tools.jar in the jre/lib/ext directory of your SDK. An alternative
solution could be to use a dependency like this:

<dependency>
   <groupId>sun.jdk</groupId>
   <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
   <version>1.4.2</version>
   <scope>system</scope>
   <systemPath>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</systemPath>
</dependency>

This has not been tested though.

Unfortunately this solution also breaks the build process on non-SUN
jvms, such as OS X.

As i understand it, Alan is working on finding a solution to this.

Anders