geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApahceCon is T-26 days (or there abouts) thoughts about branching?
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:50:58 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:

> Anyway, on your list, hot deploy directory is done, but it would be
> nice if people could test it and make sure there aren't any issues.
> And I haven't actually been working on remote deployment yet, though I
> still mean to.  :)

Just did a quick smoke test of the hot deploy.  Looks good.  However
when I ran a scenario where if I dropped in a war without
an embedded plan, the deploy was successful, but when deleting the file
to trigger an undeploy the following
exception occurred....

17:40:06,506 ERROR [DirectoryHotDeployer] Unable to undeploy
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployUtils.identifyTargetModuleIDs(DeployUtils.java:113)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryHotDeployer.fileUpdated(DirectoryHotDeployer.java:215)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.scanDirectory(DirectoryMonitor.java:200)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.run(DirectoryMonitor.java:140)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)

Can we fall back on the module name as the configID if there is no plan,
or whatever default is being used when no plan is provided.

Sachin