geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ludovic Maitre <ludovic.mai...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Clustering and Tomcat 5.5.12
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:07:15 GMT
Hi Jeff and all,

I will do the second guinea pig, i would like to run 3 tomcat instances
inside geronimo. The purpose is to be able to upgrade apps on my website
without downtime. I was wondering if i can derivate some GBeans to
implements some "farming" on my cluster (deploy the webapps on each node
as i understand it -- but i just began to transpose the concepts i know
from weblogic to geronimo).

I don't understand yet why multiples IPs are required but sure i will
see the problem when i will implement this setup, (actually this *seems*
to run fine with apache2 as load balancer and my 3 tomcat instances
listenning to differents ports),
Many thanks for having committed the GBeans i will check out them now,
Best regards,

--
Cordialement,
Ludo - http://www.ubik-products.com