geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Clustering and Tomcat 5.5.12
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:37:07 GMT
I'm interested in testing and helping to document geronimo Tomcat
clustering.  As a first step, I've setup a Tomcat cluster independent of
Geronimo.  Once I get this fully working, I plan to reuse the
configuration info in the geronimo environment.

I've managed to setup the Apache http server and mod_jk as the load
balancer and do see the requests get sprayed to different tomcat servers
(on two diferent machines).  Sticky port is enabled and I see the node
id in the cookie and the rewritten url..

Initially, I tried using memory replication.  Cluster membership between
the nodes isn't working.  I believe this is due to the fact that both
machines are using DHCP and that their IP addresses aren't on the same
subnet.  I can always use two Tomcat installs on the same machine though
was hoping to setup a more realistic scenario using multiple machines. I
guess I need to setup a shared file system or use a database.
Any advice?

Assuming this works out.. A few question concerning running clustering
within Geronimo.

For tomcat, I update server.xml to configure AJP Connector, Cluster
config, Engine jvmRoute, etc.. How will we configure silmilar type
information in Geronimo?

Do the distributable applications need to create deployment plans that
reference the new GBeans?

Any additional steps?

Thanks
-Dave-