geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Shutdown scripts
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:59:59 GMT
Thinking about the new keywords..  Not sure -foreground and -background
are the best names for the keywords on the windows platform since the
keyword really controls whether the process is run in a separate window
(not in background) .. BTW, this behavior is consistent with tomcat (on
windows) and allows the user to get back their prompt so that they can
issue other commands including shutdown.

On a related , is it useful on the windows platform to create a java
process that truly runs in the background when invoked from the cmdline.
  Wondering if the "windows service" case already covers this ground..

How many different modes of startup do we want to support..
- In current window
- In newly launched window
- In background java process
- In windows service