geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error: Unable to connect to server at...
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:18:40 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> Sorry to shed your hair!  I wonder if I should send out announcements
> of syntax changes with a special prefix to make sure people pay
> attention.

No problem at all. I've got enough hair to pull out ;) I should simply
have followed the changes.

> But maybe I can save your fingers some pain even if your scalp is
> suffering: as of a commit earlier this morning, you can run "java -jar
> bin/deployer.jar login" and it will save your username and password so
> you don't have to pass them on the command line in the future.  Also,
> if the server isn't running and you use --offline, you don't need the
> username and password anyway.  Also, you can just dump your
> applications in geronimo/deploy and they will be hot deployed.  :)

I'll definitely leverage the knowledge *after* PetStore 1.4 is
completely deployed and run in Geronimo. I'm almost finished and I'm
sure people wouldn't forgive me if I didn't commit my changes once
they're useable.

> Aaron

Jacek