geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WARN [SilentStartupMonitor] Unable to start ... (starting) - SOLVED
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:16:00 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I think you have an unsatisfied reference in your generic security
> realm.

Thanks Dave! It took me additional 2 days when I finally figured out
that a wrong GBean is looked up. I had to use the following reference
configuration to get it working.

   <reference name="LoginService">
     <module>org/apache/geronimo/Security</module>
     <name>JaasLoginService</name>
   </reference>

Otherwise the module was assigned with
org/apache/geronimo/PetStoreSecurity1.3.2. I wonder whether or not it's
intended. Could you elaborate on it a little?

00:45:44,083 DEBUG [GBeanInstanceState] GBeanInstanceState for:
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Security,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JaasLoginService,name=JaasLoginService

State changed from starting to running
00:45:44,654 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to start
geronimo.server:name=petstore-realm,J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=SecurityRealm,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/PetStoreSecurity1.3.2

because no targets are running for reference LoginService matching the
patterns
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/PetStoreSecurity1.3.2,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JaasLoginService,name=JaasLoginService

> david jencks

Jacek