geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo startup fails, config.xml is corrupted
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:48:27 GMT
This isn't really tied to the console.  It is a problem with the
deployer itself.  If you attempt to undeploy a configuration without
first stopping it then the deployer will leave things in this unresolved
state.  You can avoid the problem by ensuring that you always stop the
configuration that you are about to undeploy first.

I first noticed this problem in the console deploy/undeploy portlet(s).
  I provided a fix within the console that ensures that the
configuration is stopped before we attempt to undeploy it even if the
user didn't explicitly stop it.  That is the fix that was integrated
over the weekend and so it is now impossible to hit this error if you
are using the console deploy/undeploy functions.

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot