geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Hot Deploy...
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:16:13 GMT

Sachin Patel wrote:
> Joe Bohn wrote:
>

>> Aaron Mulder wrote:
>>
>>> ...now works if you copy your module JAR into geronimo/deploy/ -- let
>>> me know how it goes.  :)
>>>
>>> Aaron
>>>
>>> P.S. You can adjust the directory and frequency in config.xml:
>>> <gbean name="HotDeployer">
>>>     <attribute name="path">deploy</attribute>
>>>     <attribute name="pollIntervalMillis">2000</attribute>
>>> </gbean>
>>>

>> but is there any way to target a specific container at deploy time
>> when the dependency is generic?
>
> The whole intent of hot deploy is so you don't have to think about and
> have to specify these things during deployment. You just drop it in and
> pray.  Default everything you can.

Yes, I figured it defaulted to one of the containers ... the question
was "how does it choose" and can it be overridden?  For applications
like the web console which has two instances deployed this is kind of
important to understand. :-)

>> Also, how do you specify a plan that is external from the archive?
>
> You can't. (at least not now). Plan needs to contained within the archive.

Ok, that's what I suspected.

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net