geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Hot Deploy...
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:47:10 GMT

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> ...now works if you copy your module JAR into geronimo/deploy/ -- let
> me know how it goes.  :)
>
> Aaron
>
> P.S. You can adjust the directory and frequency in config.xml:
> <gbean name="HotDeployer">
>     <attribute name="path">deploy</attribute>
>     <attribute name="pollIntervalMillis">2000</attribute>
> </gbean>

If there are multiple web managers/containers running then how does the
Hot Deploy (or Deployment Manager) decide which will be the target
container?  I assume it would honor a dependency in the plan for a
specific container ... but is there any way to target a specific
container at deploy time when the dependency is generic?

Also, how do you specify a plan that is external from the archive?

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot