geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo M5 documentation - LDAP
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:46:33 GMT
Ken,
The initialContextFactory indicates who is providing the service. Since
in M5 we have to use SUN's JVM, and the fact that we are using the
"built-in" ApacheDS, I have not tried any other "funny" combination.

For example, com.ibm.jndi.LDAPCtxFactory or
com.novell.service.ldap.LdapCtxFactory also give you access to an LDAP
server but you may have problems reading objects created with a
different initialContextFactory. HTH

Cheers!
Hernan