geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: CORBA
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:06:03 GMT
Kresten Krab Thorup wrote, On 11/7/2005 4:52 AM:

> I submitted a patch for GERONIMO-1111 some time last week, and all I
> have heard back is that the JIRA entry now says "patch available".
> Apparently the changes have not been submitted to the trunk; is there
> anything else I should do to make that happen?
>
> It's rather challenging to work effectively here if we cannot share
> code through a source repository.  I understand that you cannot
> guarantee any particular turn around, but if it is this slow then I
> might as well work out of a local source repository here and then
> submit a new tar ball every once in a while.
>
> FYI, we have spent some time last week on the build setup, M2 and
> figuring a good way to do tests and in general just figuring out how
> to "play by the rules here" in the geronimo build world.

As I had mentioned to you last week, I was a bit busy moving my family
to our new house.  I'm sorry about the inconvenience.  But, I have to
say that if you expect people to just check things in as they are, you
will end up being the only person who knows the code.  That would seem
to be a situation that you claim to be avoiding.

ATM, we're kinda juggling the specs move and your patch; the specs will
hold your IDL files.  Both are being moved to Maven 2.  I have made an
IDLJ plugin and things seem to compile the IDL files.  I will check this
in tomorrow.

Regards,
Alan