geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Netbeans integration and tooling
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2005 22:35:23 GMT
Dustin Little wrote:
> Has anyone begun work on integration and tooling for Netbeans IDE?

I had once developed some Geronimo support and before it had been
submitted to the serverplugins module of NetBeans IDE, I unexpectedly
wiped out all of the sources. You can't even imagine what happened
afterwards. It was just before NetBeans IDE 4.2 went public.

If you wanted to start it again, I could help you with the API. It is
not that hard as it seems. I even think it is much easier than as you
had to do it in Eclipse (sorry Sachin ;)).

Please, please do it. Although it has a little chance to be included in
NB 5.0, it could be distributed as NBM.

The question I could not answer myself was when the development should
take place - here in Geronimo or serverplugins project? If it's part of
serverplugins module, it would be distributed along with weblogic, jboss
and websphere modules. Otherwise, people had to download it separately.
What do you and others think?

Jacek