geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Binary images for Geronimo 1.0?
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 23:30:00 GMT
I think that until we have the "ideal" solution we will just be
confusing our users and causing them grief.

While the "change on the fly" option is great for developers (esp.
developers of Geronimo itself :-) ), it isn't so good for the typical
user.   Users who are using Geronimo to host their business applications
won't understand why "jetty" appears in the list of configurations when
I installed a "tomcat" only server.

It also provides enough rope for some users to hang themselves ...
changing from one server to the other only to discover that they web
apps they had previously deployed are no longer functional.

Joe