geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Erin Mulder <me...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Logo Request
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 01:57:05 GMT
Epiq Geronimo Team wrote:
> Yes, the G box and the Apache text are slightly off center.  I think the
> box is lined up with the Apache text and the left side of the R in
> geronimo and the left part of the M.  If you guys like, we can move it
> (and the Apache text slightly to the right) to make this look more
> centered.

Cutting out a bit of the center of the M (e.g. having the point not go
all the way to the baseline) would let you center the whole logo without
messing up the R alignment.  I even like the M better that way.  Seems
more proportional to everything else.

Here's a rough example of what I'm talking about.  (It's not perfectly
centered and doesn't line up quite right, but it gets the general idea
across.)

     http://www.opentools.org/geronimo_squeezed.gif

The downside is that the logo would have to be converted to curves
instead of text, but I'm not sure that makes a big difference.  Shrug.

Cheers,
Erin