geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject globalJNDINAME & global-jndi-name
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:59:42 GMT

It looks like there used to be an attribute (globalJNDIName) once that
was set on the GBeans for objects like connectors.  This would be
specified in the plan for the connector using the <global-jndi-name>
element.  This name was supposed to be globally unique in G so that the
item (connector or whatever) could be referenced from client applications.

We have several places in the web console that are broken now because
the code assumes this is set on the gbeans to display for a connector
and/or to specify it when a new connector is created.

I really don't know much about connectors.  Was the globalJNDName
replaced by something else that we should reference?  Or, should the
console simply stop retrieving, setting, and displaying this attribute
(and jndiName which is often set from the globalJNDIName)?  Patches have
been contributed that just ignore the field but I'm not sure if that is
the right fix.

Joe

--
Joe Bohn