geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Remote Deployment
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:11:12 GMT

Aaron Mulder wrote:

> Forget about multiple web containers.  The issue is, I know there's a
> servlet o.a.g.RemoteDeployerServlet running in some web app in
> Geronimo.  What is the URL to contact it?  To start with, you need to
> determine which web application it's in (since we already use
> different names for the console for Jetty/Tomcat you can't just
> hardcode a name), and then you need to determine what the URL is to
> access that web application, which means inspecting its list of
> connectors.

Is remote deployment unique to the web console?  Shouldn't remote
deployment also be possible from the command line or programatically via
JMX.  Projects/products that embed Geronimo may wish to remove the web
console altogether in an attempt to use G as a hidden embedded server
for their application with only their preset configurations.

Perhaps a new non-webcontainer specific ( not specific to jetty or
tomcat) file transfer web application that is not tied to the console
should be created.