geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Remote Deployment
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 17:10:27 GMT
Guys, I think we are getting a little to far ahead of Aaron's
proposal.  Having a servlet to do remote deployment would be a huge
step forward for Geronimo, given that remote deployment currently
doesn't work.  Sure in the future it would be nice to support remote
deployment with out requiring a web container and more granulized
update support, but for now how about get the basics working?

Aaron,

Why does the console have a different name in Tomcat and Jetty?
Also, will this be a pure http(s) deployment tool or will the tool
use both the JMX-RMI and http(s) protocols?  I would prefer a pure
http client so it can work in the maximum environments?

-dain