geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: m2: flushing out our dependencies
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 00:05:08 GMT

On Nov 16, 2005, at 2:59 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> OK.. with the latest run of mvn -U, here's the deal on these 3 jars
>
> activemq-core-test: dependency specified by activemq-core, activemq-
> optional and activemq-ra.

It may be that that library isn't even required at runtime, in which
case it can be left in but flagged as test.  Hiram, you know?

I'm not sure that this would fix the issue for us as in if we use the
dep in test does it's test deps become requied too?  Brett, any ideas?

> javacc: not needed anymore, I guess.

I patched the activemq-core-3.2.pom to comment out javacc-2.1.  That
was kind of a hack on my part, but it was the only things standing in
the way between me and using m2 in gbuild, so I did it.  If you could
create a pom.xml for javacc-2.1, you'd be a better man than I.

> xmlbeans-jsr173-api: not needed anymore, I guess.

It was required by the stax-1.1.1-dev.pom.  Carlos from the maven
crew put in this exlusion for it, which is one of the many things I
didn't know you could even do.  Check it out:
     <dependency>
       <groupId>stax</groupId>
       <artifactId>stax</artifactId>
       <version>1.1.1-dev</version>
       <exclusions>
         <exclusion>
           <groupId>xmlbeans</groupId>
           <artifactId>xmlbeans-jsr173-api</artifactId>
         </exclusion>
       </exclusions>
     </dependency>

Kind of interesting. Might be useful to us for other deps.

> And while we are looking at activemq-core-3.2.pom, we should also
> fix the version number for smack and smackx. The specified version
> is 1.5 whereas version 1.5.0 exists in the m2 repo.

The activemq-core-3.2.pom from the svn repo is using 1.5.0.  Not sure
your pom is current.

> This resolves all the deps I signed up for. Now I need to create
> patches and get them uploaded.

Awesome.  Excellent work!

-David