geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: apache-wide specs project
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 01:05:02 GMT
Actually I thought about this for a bit longer and would like to
withdraw my +1 and replace it with a -1.

I think we should setup a sub project inside of geronimo to crete the
j2ee spec implementations, manage the repo as the specs go through
JEE5 revisions, and handle release/patches.  Only once we get the
procedures worked out for our small case, should we propose a top
level project.  My big fear about trying to create a top level
project right now is geronimo-specs is currently not well defined
within geronimo itself, and the whole effort will get dragged out
into policy/legal discussions with lots of people that aren't
involved in writing or using the code (i.e. are dogmatic instead of
pragmatic).

-dain