geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Constructing deployment plans from Configuration GBeanData
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 05:21:13 GMT

> On Nov 17, 2005, at 4:45 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:
>
> > If deployment plans are inside the archive (ear, war, etc.) they can
> > be obtained from config-store. If the deployment plan is supplied as
> > an external file to the deployer and if the original file is not
> > available, the only way to get any information on the configuration is
> > from the Configuration GBeanData obtained from the kernel at runtime
> > or from deserializing config.ser files under config-store. For
> > analyzing any problems after an application is deployed, deployment
> > plans will certainly be helpful.
>
> If you think this is really valuable information, I think a better
> approach is to store the plan(s) in a known location in the
> configuration so they may be retrieved directly.

I thought of this as an option because it will really simplify a lot of
things, and I can avoid writing a configuration decompiler :o). But, then
will there be any instances where the user will not want the deployment plan
to be stored in the server as is? Will "not want to store the deployment
plan in the config-store" be ever a users' reason for supplying deployment
plan as an external file to the deployer?

thanks