geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Question reg: build script
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:02:49 GMT
On Nov 1, 2005, at 2:47 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2005, at 2:09 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
>

>> I have a question regarding one of our build scripts, particularly
>> the publish_build.sh
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/scripts/publish_build.sh
>>
>> Why is there a build() at all ?  The publish_build_archives()
>> seems relevant and appropriate.
>>

> The original version of the script didn't have the "build" part in
> it and assumed you knew the build was good.  It's a kind of hackish
> part of the script that 1) builds online and makes sure you have
> everything on your machine you need to build and 2) builds all the
> projects related to Geronimo.  Both of which can take a long time.
>
> It can easily be yanked for a box that runs a build very often.

So last night I hacked up the publish_build.sh script creates the
unstable builds to fix some of the things you've mentioned on IRC .
First, i yanked the "build" function as you note above is a little
crufty.  Second, I modified the maven call in the
publish_build_archives section to do an m:build-all.

Also, we now pass -Dgeronimo_version=1.0-12345 (for example) as a
parameter which is now possible via a couple changes in the maven
setup Dims and I made recently.  Much nicer than the perl technique
that was previously there.

Give it a run and tell me if it works for you.

-David