geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Question reg: build script
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:47:04 GMT
On Nov 1, 2005, at 2:09 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> I have a question regarding one of our build scripts, particularly
> the publish_build.sh
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/scripts/publish_build.sh
>
> Why is there a build() at all ?  The publish_build_archives() seems
> relevant and appropriate.

The original version of the script didn't have the "build" part in it
and assumed you knew the build was good.  It's a kind of hackish part
of the script that 1) builds online and makes sure you have
everything on your machine you need to build and 2) builds all the
projects related to Geronimo.  Both of which can take a long time.

It can easily be yanked for a box that runs a build very often.

-David