geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Warning of change in configId format
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:44:10 GMT

On Nov 18, 2005, at 9:32 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2005, at 11:30 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>> This relies on using the packaging plugin, which builds
>> configurations and puts them into the local maven repository.  As
>> such, it uses the maven id as the configId: they typically look like
>> ${groupId}/cars/${artifactId}-${pom.currentVersion}.car
> I'd prefer not to encode the maven 1 repository layout into Geronimo.
> I think we should either go with a m2 parent element at the top of our
> configuration:
>   <parent>
>     <groupId>org.apache.geronimo</groupId>
>     <artifactId>geronimo</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>     <type>car<type>
>   </parent>

We are currently using "import" rather than "parent".  Do you want the
name to change?

from my original message:
I beileve in a slightly related development we are planning to change
the groupId to org.apache.geronimo before v1.  Doing these changes more
or less at once might reduce confusion.

Despite the misspelling, is this what you are suggesting?

As I recall you indicated that you would be making this groupId change.
  Do you have an estimate on when, or did I misunderstand?

david jencks

View raw message