geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: m2: flushing out our dependencies
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 05:24:18 GMT

On Nov 8, 2005, at 7:48 PM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

> On 11/8/05, David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:
>> So it's become pretty clear to me after trying to use m2 in gbuild
>> with a dependency on activemq that we have quite a lot of work ahead
>> of us flushing out valid pom.xml files for all our dependencies and
>> our dependency's dependencies.  I had always assumed the largest
>> barrier to entry on m2 was the plugins, but the dependency-war is
>> proving to be a huge battle.
[snip]

> We had to work out the ActiveMQ dependencies for WADI already and
> wound up deciding to use a custom repo to handle some of the
> dependencies. I've already fixed up POMs for ActiveMQ that we can use.

I guess I was doomed to repeat the effort as I was using the default
maven2 repo run by the maven guys.  Carlos and I spend a couple hours
on it and still didn't get all the way through.

There is an actual svn repository for all the poms, which get's
rsync'ed to ibiblio every four hours.  This doc has good details on
how to help with the maven2 repo http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/
guide-maven-evangelism.html.  Can you send in a patch?

-David