geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Loose end #2: sql scripts
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:15:39 GMT
Sometimes an application needs some database tables in order to run.
We don't have much support for helping with this.  We have the juddi
server, with a script that is run from jelly code in modules/assembly,
and we have some work to generate scripts for cmp entity beans, but no
automated way of creating the tables when the app is deployed.

I would prefer that we find a way to package the sql with the app that
needs it.  One possibility is to write a gbean that will, using a
datasource deployed in geronimo, do some sort of test to see if the
script should be run, and if so execute statements from a script.  I
would think this would be fairly simple to write.

Can anyone see any problems with this idea?  Does it seem like a good
idea?  Is there a better way to do this?

thanks
david jencks