geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TCCL in doStart
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:37:22 GMT
I think my previous claims (possibly on IRC) are wrong.

After looking at the code again, my understanding is that:

when the gbean is loaded into the kernel, the TCCL is the configuration
classloader (see Configuration.loadGBeans(ManageableAttributeStore
attributeStore) lines 296 ff.)  Note the comment from Dain wondering
why we are doing this.  I think this is a leftover attempt to solve the
problem of deserializing objects using the configuration classloader.
We are now solving this problem with the ObjectInputStreamExt class so
I think this TCCL setting is unnecessary.

when the gbean implementation class constructor and doStart method is
called, the TCCL is indeterminate.  I believe the idea is that if you
want to set the TCCL properly, you will include a classLoader
non-persistent "magic" attribute in the gbeanInfo and set the TCCL
yourself.

Sorry for the confusion.

thanks
david jencks