geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: M5 startup without changing configs causes 'port-in-use' trouble
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 13:21:41 GMT
I haven't seen any discussion on this. Where do things stand? Personally, I
don't see how we can keep an installer with this behavior available for
download. Users have a very reasonable expectation to launch, accept default
settings, and have a running server. Is changing the default Tomcat ports an
option? Or making Tomcat/Jetty mutually exclusive unless explicitly
specified?

--kevan