geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From J <nemesis0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generic Logo Contest Guidelines
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 21:33:52 GMT
Just a question based on all the comments on the logo contest to date. Is
voting set-up to be done where as all the logo's have a fighting chance or
just an opportunity where the contest comes down to the 2 or 3 logo's that
have had the controversy over the past couple of weeks.

In spending the past year learning about what all of you have been doing,
the project and time well spent on working toward a greater common goal I am
concerned about reading petty arguments over common branding procedures in
every major company in this world. And these discussions on some of these
specific logo's are maddenng to someone like myself actually spending their
working day, getting paid to develop memorable and unique solutions to
logo's and other various design issues.

Now whether I have or have not created a logo for this particular contest is
irrevelant. I am just concerned about reading about this push if you all
will for 2-3 logo's that quite honestly are not good and well just seem like
they had no thought behind them.

A logo is a statement. A logo is an item with thought. And a handful of
these logo's look more like an in the box concept that just steroetypes
Native American's then actually helps the apache project out.

So the main question is this will there be a real vote with real time
opporutnity to see results for all the logo's or just wait until #11 gets
picked because well it sucks, not well thought out and a good number of you
like it for some unknown, ungodly reason?