geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: rid of all ns prefixes]
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 02:09:20 GMT

On Oct 11, 2005, at 6:04 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>>

>> I'd have the issue say that the eclipse stuff should pre-convert the
>> plans using SchemaConversionUtils.  We'll find out soon enough what
>> needs to change :-)  Is there an easy to find point in the eclipse
>> stuff where you know what kind of plan it is and want to convert it?
> Well when importing a J2EE app or module into WTP a new
> "project/component" is always created for every module in that
> application and so I'll know every module type and thus should
> automatically know the j2ee plan type during the import.  This import
> operation is extendable and I'll be able to do this conversion then
> for every module.  (With nested plans, it may be a little tricker,
> will have to put some thought into that...)

An ear plan always has namespaces for the plans for the modules.  They
could be the old unversioned namespaces (missing -1.0 at the end) but
they are sufficient to identify what you should end up with.  The web
plans are a little trickier, since after figuring out which builder we
will use the generic geronimo-web docs are converted to
container-specific docs.  Are you planning to generate generic web
plans or container specific web plans or give the user a choice?

An ear plan will still need some namespace conversion to get the
dependencies and gbeans.

thanks
david jencks