geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: rid of all ns prefixes]
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:52:00 GMT

On Oct 11, 2005, at 5:45 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> I'm a bit unclear as to whether the eclipse stuff you are working on
>> is supposed to be able to edit hand written plans or is only supposed
>> to be able to generate new plans.
> Ideally both.  Existing geronimo applications should be able to be
> imported into WTP and the editors should be able to open the hand
> written plans.
>
>> In the latter  case, you can just generate plans including the
>> correct namespaces.  In the former case, you should call the
>> appropriate methods in SchemaConversionUtils to set the correct
>> namespaces before trying to import into your tool.  Most likely we
>> will need to change things a bit so this can be done conveniently.
>
> Cool ok.  So can the conversion be done both ways? That way in the
> "source tab" of the editor I could possibly show the "hand written
> version" while the graphical editors would be writing and modifying
> the underlying EMF model.  Should I go ahead and open a jira up to
> track this work on ScheamConversionUtils for 1.0?

I don't think it is worth preserving the namespace-free version, and I
have no idea how to go backwards.  I think setting the correct
namespace and saving is adequate.  The primary reason for the
namespace-free stuff is to avoid making people type them in themselves.
  If we can add them automatically, all the better.

I'd have the issue say that the eclipse stuff should pre-convert the
plans using SchemaConversionUtils.  We'll find out soon enough what
needs to change :-)  Is there an easy to find point in the eclipse
stuff where you know what kind of plan it is and want to convert it?

thanks
david jencks