geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Eishay Smith <eish...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: OSGi Container in Geronimo
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 04:46:16 GMT
Great!
We still need to figure out few things, but communication is indeed one of
the centrals.
Do you have a specific pattern/workflow in mind?

Thanks,
Eishay

             Sanjiva
             Weerawarana
             <sanjiva@opensour                                          To
             ce.lk>                    dev@geronimo.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             10/23/2005 08:00          grahameg@jivaehealth.com
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: OSGi Container in Geronimo

             Please respond to
                    dev

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 15:38 -0700, Eishay Smith wrote:
> Dain,
>
> Did you think about the communication with client side?
> How do you think an OSGi bundle that lives inside an Eclipse environment
> will communicate with another bundle that resides in Geronimo?
> Will it have a "standard way",  using some J2EE protocol (RMI/IIOP or
SOAP
> for example) with a proxy on the server side that stands in between (EJB
or
> WS), or just a "your problem - what ever you like"?

If you want to do it with SOAP we (Axis2 folks) will be glad to help ..
this'll be a good chance to integrate Axis2 to Geronimo as well.

Sanjiva.