geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Eishay Smith <eish...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: OSGi Container in Geronimo
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:34:43 GMT
Dain,

I've talked with Jeff McAffer about it last week and I understood that
there where some talks about using the Equinox OSGi somewhere in the
infrastructure and not as a container. Will the implementation you are
working on will actually enable running OSGi bundles taken from Eclipse?
Will each bundle will be a GBean or will there be one GBean which is an
OSGi container that this one will contain all the bundles?

If you're goals match ours, it looks like we'll be one of your first
costumers :-)
I'll be waiting for your release.

Eishay

             Dain Sundstrom
             <dain@iq80.com>
             10/21/2005 11:17          dev@geronimo.apache.org

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: OSGi Container in Geronimo
                    dev

Eishay,

I'm working on an OSGi integration for geronimo with basically the
same set of goals in mind.  I have been working with Jeff McAffer to
get the Equinox OSGi implementation running well, and I hope to have
something to show off in a few weeks.

-dain