geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What do we do about fixable problems in M5?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 13:14:23 GMT

On Oct 5, 2005, at 8:30 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> I think that will work but users won't find Geronimo incredibly
> useful if they have to pull a whole new build to fix a single problem.

Which will work?

i think the errata is necessary so people will know what to do.  As
for a quick M6?  I think it depends on the %-age of people that will
hit the problem.

> I discovered a similar problem in TranQL that the 1.1 SNAPSHOT
> doesn't generate the right SQL syntax for DB2 and had to tweak the
> Syntax Generator.  So the option going forward is for someone to
> pull TranQL 1.2-SNAPSHOT which wil most likely break their build
> too because of the serialization problem (probably not likely with
> my example but a high probability for other types of fixes).

Does this mean as of now, we have a problem w/ DB2?

> Sachin had the right idea of highlighting the issues with
> serialVersionUIDs but that was part of a larger problem.  I'll open
> a feature JIRA that focuses on improved serviceability which would
> encompass these recurring issues and we'll look for someone to step
> up to the plate and put a strategy together.

yes, I think that's a different (but very important) issue altogether.

> Thoughts?

Go man, go...

geirm@apache.org