geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Specs directory structure
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 18:19:50 GMT
I know this has been talked about before on this list, but I'd like
to get the proposal in one place.  With the help of Alan and Jason,
this is what I got:

Normally we just have this directory structure:

specs/trunk/servlet-2.2/src/
specs/trunk/servlet-2.4/src/
specs/trunk/jsp-2.4/src/
When we are happy with the specs we make a tag:

specs/tags/1.0/servlet-2.2/src/
specs/tags/1.0/servlet-2.4/src/
specs/tags/1.0/javamail-2.2-r2/src/
specs/tags/1.1/servlet-2.2/src/
specs/tags/1.1/servlet-2.4/src/
specs/tags/1.1/javamail-2.2-r2/src/
The pom for the specs would be like this:

     <artifactId>servlet-2.4</artifactId>
     <name>Geronimo :: Servlet API</name>
   <version>1.0</version>
With maven 2 version ranges a user can just have the following and
maven will pick the most resent release of our spec automatically:

   <dependency>
     <artifactId>servlet-2.4</artifactId>
   <dependency>

The current directory structure in https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
geronimo/specs is very close to this.  The only big change will be to
add the version number of the specification to the directory name.

What do yo think?

-dain