geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Samples
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 23:36:57 GMT

On Oct 12, 2005, at 3:08 PM, Dave Colasurdo wrote:
> I'll look into this.. Also, can someone help clarify the line
> between reusing open source and providing unique project identity.
> Basically, I'm wondering if it makes any sense to reuse the Tomcat
> examples (along with a few small additional enhancements (e.g.
> EJBs) as the default sample that gets installed with geronimo.  Or
> is it better to create our own Geronimo unique sample?

That's not a bad idea!  Since many people are familiar with the
examples themselves, it would really put a focus on what is required
on the Geronimo side to get those things to run.

The definitive examples on the EJB side, IMHO, are the Titan EJB
examples from Richard Monson-Haefel's EJB book.  O'Reilly did some
workbooks for the various servers out there, not sure what they are
doing these days.  Mike, any thoughts?

-David