geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Is this ok? (was [DO NOT USE OR PROPAGATE THE LINK ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT] Re: [ANN] Geronimo 1.0 milestone 5 (M5) released))
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 01:31:39 GMT
On Oct 4, 2005, at 6:38 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> We're really excited about this release, and got a little ahead of
> ourselves.  We need to let the code propagate out to our mirrors,
> so please don't publish the link below, but rather go to our
> mirrors via the download page :
>
> http://geronimo.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> Again, please do not publish the link below.

http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/1.0-M5/geronimo-1.0-M5-src.tar.gz
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/1.0-M5/geronimo-1.0-M5-src.zip
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/1.0-M5/geronimo-1.0-M5.tar.gz
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/1.0-M5/geronimo-1.0-M5.zip
http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/1.0-M5/geronimo-installer-1.0-M5.jar

Is this cool with everyone?  I just added an .htaccess file to
redirect these URLs to the mirrors page (try and see).  I took a look
around and saw a bunch of the Jakarta projects doing similar redirects.

We can maybe take it down after the flood of downloads is over.  Or
now if someone doesn't like it.  Or never.  But with that it should
be ok to publish any variety of "http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/
1.0-M5" link.

-David