geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Applications directory structure
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:14:35 GMT
On Oct 26, 2005, at 3:56 PM, Dave Colasurdo wrote:

> There have been several previous conversations regarding the
> structure of the geronimo/applications directory. It seems that
> there should be some way to differentiate the various categories of
> applications?
>
> Perhaps something like:
>
> geronimo/applications/samples/ would contain:
> -demo
> -servlets-examples
> -jsp-examples
> -magicGball
> -dayTrader
> -bigPetEJBSess
> -petStore

Which directory do you mean?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk/applications/samples

or

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/applications/samples

I would prefer that the samples be outside located off of the
geronimo svn root and not in trunk.  This will allow them to be
developed and released independently of the mail line server.

> geronimo/applications/system would contain:
> -console*
> -jmxdebug
> -uddi-server
> -welcome

I was thinking more along the lines of

geronimo/trunk/applications/console-${part} --> geronimo/trunk/
console/${part}
geronimo/trunk/applications/welcome         --> geronimo/trunk/
welcome  (not sure... is this the tomcat/jetty welcome app?)
geronimo/trunk/applications/uddi-server     --> geronimo/applications/
uddi-server
geronimo/trunk/applications/jmxdebug        --> geronimo/sandbox/
jmxdebug/trunk  (I think this need more work or we should simply drop
it)

-dain