geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2005 18:03:15 GMT

On Oct 2, 2005, at 8:00 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> Cool.  Can you publish a candidate installer, too?

well, I'm not sure.  I see two potential problems, aside from being too
tired right now to put it together :-)

1. We aren't set up to certify it, how would we make it clear that the
installer version wasn't certified?  Or is it certified???  I'd prefer
to find a way to certify the installer based version.  I think it would
be easy to build the installer using maven, but I'm not sure about
unpacking/running it to get something to test.  If we found a way to
make the installer include the certified zip distribution and just
unpack it and change the config.* files I don't think this would be an
issue.  Maybe it's ok to claim the installer is certified if it is
built from the same assembly as the zip.  I'm just not sure.

2. It's built with unreleased software that I at least couldn't get for
myself. I suppose that we could include a copy of the installer kit
version we use, as we have included a copy of axis.

Anyway I hope we can figure out a way to answer these questions so we
can put out a installer version.

thanks
david jencks