geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: What do we do about fixable problems in M5?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 03:54:58 GMT
On Oct 4, 2005, at 8:24 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> Stefan Schmidt has found our first configuration problem in M5,
> namely that the listener name in the ejb builder in
> config.tomcat.xml points half to tomcat and half to jetty.  This is
> easy to fix by hand (change JettyWebContainer to
> TomcatWebContainer).  However I doubt we want to rerelease M5 to
> fix this.  What do we want to do about issues like this?  One
> possibility is to have an "errata" page clearly linked from the
> download page.  There must be some other possibilities, any ideas?

I can also put a little work into getting unstable builds going
again.  Actually, we have them for the most part, just no way to
update the geronimo version number in an easy fashion like 'maven -
Dgeronimo.version=1.0-234534'

As far as an errata, we can pull a mini-changelog from Jira.  I do a
similar thing at OpenEJB:  http://www.openejb.org/Latest+Unstable.
Ted Husted was very nice and setup a confluence space for us at
http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO.
Maybe we can be pragmatic and avoid a long discussion on which wiki
to use and agree for now only to use the confluence one for specific
things like tapping into JIRA.

Anyway, those are just some options.  More thoughts welcome.

-David