geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kresten Krab Thorup <k...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Trifork CORBA
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:39:17 GMT

On Oct 27, 2005, at 5:06 PM, Andy Piper wrote:

> The latest JRockit implements the appropriate parts of Unsafe - I
> know because I made them put it in so that I could implement the
> WebLogic ValueHandler on top of it.
>
> But why not just use the VM's ValueHandler? The Sun and IBM one's
> are both pretty reasonable now.

The Trifork RMI/IIOP has a quite decent implementation of all of the
javax.rmi.CORBA stuff that we can bring right in with little
modification, so I was thinking that we should use that.

However, if you know that those ValueHandlers are good, we can
definitively make things less complicated by using them.

Kresten