geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Kaegi, Simon" <Simon.Ka...@cognos.com>
Subject RE: OSGi Container in Geronimo
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:19:32 GMT

> > I've talked with Jeff McAffer about it last week and I
> understood that
> > there where some talks about using the Equinox OSGi
> somewhere in the
> > infrastructure and not as a container.
>
> It will be a bi-directional integration, so OGIi bundles will
> be able to see geronimo services and geronimo services will
> be able to see bundles (and services in bundles).  Using your
> terminology it will be a container.

Dain,
This looks like interesting work.
I'm wondering if you've thought about what the ClassLoader hierarchy
will look like.

Also, is this a per application instance of Equinox or a single instance
shared by all?
I think you're describing a single global instance but want to be sure.

Thanks,
Simon

       This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received
this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate
or distribute it; do not open any attachments, delete it immediately from your system and
notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so.  Thank you.