geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] -- M5 release -- (Was Re: 1.0-M5 candidate build)
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2005 06:40:55 GMT
First, the good news:

All the tck tests pass for the 1.0-M5 candidate build for both jetty
and tomcat!

Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with the
geronimo-installer.jar.  It works fine for jetty but the tomcat
included does not seem to include GERONIMO-1036: the tomcat
configurations are not relocatable.

I've done some experiments and it appears that the zip distro does
include this fix, and "reverse engineering" the zip distro into an
installer also includes this fix (but has other problems).  So, I think
david used the wrong copy of geronimo to build the installer and we
will have to try again tomorrow.

Thanks
david jencks

On Oct 2, 2005, at 10:15 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> Ta-da!
>
> http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/geronimo-installer.jar
>
> -David
>
> On Oct 2, 2005, at 9:49 PM, David Jencks wrote:

>>> I would like to vote -1 until there's an installer package available,
>>> but it seemed like it would be rude.  So now I'm hoping that the vote
>>> drags on long enough for David and I to work out the path to the
>>> installer.  :)
>>>

>> I've managed to convince myself that we can claim the tests we have
>> already run cover the installer version as well as the zip version
>> since they include exactly the same jar files, directory structure,
>> and configurations.  The only difference is in the config.xml and
>> config.list files, which are changed to run the tck anyway.  I would
>> prefer in the future that the Izpack stuff be run from a maven plugin
>> and integrated in the build and work by unpacking or including the
>> zip distribution, but am willing to use what we have for M5.  David
>> Blevins is working on building an installer.  With luck it will be
>> available shortly.
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>

>>> Aaron

> [...]