geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Poll...1.0 for Apache Con - Feature request
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:26:46 GMT
On 10/17/05, Kresten Krab Thorup <krab@trifork.com> wrote:

> Integration with the CORBA stuff would indeed take several weeks; and
> then after that we need to grind it through the TCK.  So I don't
> think we can finish all this before the proposed cut-off 3 weeks from
> now.
>
> I've been down with pneumonia for the last 3+ weeks, so things have
> been at a standstill here with regards to new development.  Today is
> my first day back to work, and I'm preparing for OSCON in Amsterdam
> tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to meet some of you!

> >> What's the status of the interop/ORB stuff?

I don't speak for everyone, certainly, but I know I've heard a number
of people agree that using the Sun ORB is not sufficient for the 1.0
release so I'm interested in getting the TriFork stuff into the hands
of the community sooner rather than later. Kresten, this would also
allow you to begin to discuss the integration work with the rest of
the community in an effort to get it ready for the 1.0 release we're
discussing in this thread. Is it possible for TriFork to commit the
CORBA stuff to the sandbox so that the community can begin to take a
look at it?

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project